There are several errors that have crept up in the printed version of the book. Based on contributions from readers, here is a list of them and of corresponding corrections.
- page 55; the text: Mathematically, f is continuous if for every point p ∈ C should read: Mathematically, f is continuous if for every point p ∈ D. Similarly, in Equation 3.1, x ∈ C should read: x ∈ D
- page 91, 9th line of first paragraph: mimimal should be minimal
- Listing 5.1, page 152: The third line in the function body should be
float g = (6-2*dx)*f + dx;
- Figure 6.2b, page 187. The color legend should be reversed. Blue means laminar, red means vortex.
- Listing 6.1, page 207: The declaration of the for loop should be
for(;; t+=dt, i++, p=p0, p=p0)
- page 269, third paragraph, the text: Overall, tensor glyphs are a probably... should read: Overall, tensor glyphs are probably...
- page 286, next-to-last line: The expression 1 < mi < Mi < ni should read 1 <= mi <= Mi <= ni
- page 288, last sentence of the second paragraph. The correct names for the sections in Fig. 8.2 are sagittal (left), coronal (middle), and axial (right), respectively.