Open Master's Projects (contact the respective supervisor)
Supervisor: Jos Roerdink
- Designing an interactive, dynamic online grocery store (proposed by Koert van Ittersum, Professor of Marketing and Consumer Well-being, University of Groningen). More information: PDF
Supervisor: Alex Telea
- Detection and Segmentation of Polyps in Colonoscopy Images (in collaboration with ZiuZ Visual Intelligence and University of Barcelona). More information:PDF
- Skeleton-based Altas Construction for Meshes
- Skeleton-based Mesh Segmentation
- Skeleton-based Nonphotorealistic Sculpting
- Real-time speech visualization (proposed by the Dept. of Computational Linguistics, RuG). More information: PDF
Supervisor: Jiri Kosinka
(Most of the following projects are scalable and can be adapted to suit other project types.)
- End-conditions for subdivision curves and surfaces; PDF
- NURBS modelling with control vectors; PDF
- Fracture reconstruction; PDF; in collaboration with UMCG.
- Blending barycentric coordinates; This project would build on this paper. No public description available, contact me for details.
- Subdivision shading; This project would build on this paper. No public description available, contact me for details.
- OpenSubdiv; This project would deal with Pixar's OpenSubdiv library. No public description available, contact me for details.
- VR/AR anatomy for healthcare; thesis/internship at Reconcept (Groningen); PDF
Open Term Projects (Onderzoeksstage)
- Quantifying balance ability during exergaming in collaboration with INCAS3 Assen. More information: PDF.
- Brain Imaging project in collaboration with Artinis Medical Systems. More information: PDF.
- Most of the Master's thesis projects specified above by J. Kosinka can be adapted to a research/in-company internship project.
General Open Projects
Many projects can be adjusted so that they fit the constraints of either a Master's, term, or Bachelor project. In case you would like to work on a project in a category other than the ones announced, please let us know.
In addition, here are some ideas for projects without a dedicated category:
* Illustrative and Artistic Visualization of Map Data (Bachelor or Onderzoeksstage). Contact: Tobias Isenberg.
Your Own Project Idea
If you have an idea of a specific project or would like to work generally in a specific area, please let us know about it and we can then narrow the project down. Generally, we advise projects in the following areas:
- scientific visualization, multiresolution (wavelets, pyramids), morphological data processing, applications (biomedical, astronomy, bioinformatics) (contact Jos Roerdink),
- information visualisation, software visualisation, skeletonization (contact Alexandru Telea),
- geometric modelling (curve and surface representation, splines, subdivision), computer (and especially vector) graphics (contact Jiri Kosinka).