Web-enabled image processing operators
Below you find web implementations of various (biologically motivated) image
processing operators, which you can use with your own image material.
- COSFIRE filters for the detection of vascular bifurcations in retinal fundus images:
- automatically detect vascular bifurcations in retinal images
- use a slider to control the number of detected bifurcations
- Artistic edge and corner
- A colour photograph processed by this program results in an image that looks like an impressionist painting.
- Spatiotemporal Gabor filter for motion processing:
- interactively visualize spatiotemporal Gabor functions,
- learn about their relation to motion sensitive simple cells (in the visual cortex).
- Gabor functions as models of receptive fields of simple cells:
- interactively visualize spatial Gabor functions,
- learn about their relation to simple cells (in the visual cortex).
Gabor filter for image processing and computer vision:
- visualize Gabor functions,
- use a Gabor filter and a Gabor-energy filter,
- perform edge detection,
- simulate simple and complex cells (visual cortex),
- extract texture features,
- simulate non-classical receptive field inhibition or surround suppression (visual cortex),
- perform contour detection,
- explain certain visual perception effects.
Canny edge detector (Canny filter) for image processing and computer vision:
- apply the Canny edge detector on-line on your own images,
- visualize a derivative of a Gaussian function,
- simulate non-classical receptive field inhibition or surround suppression,
- perform contour detection.
Centre-Surround cell (DoG) operator and Dot-pattern selective cell operator:
- visualize Difference of Gaussian (DoG) functions,
- simulate retinal-ganglion and LGN cells,
- compute the convolution of an input image with a DoG (center-surround cell responses),
- detect intensity spots,
- detect groups of intensity spots,
- detect dot-pattern texture.
Grating cell operator:
- detect gratings and oriented texture.
- Contour database - 40 images (512x512, PGM format) with associated ground truth contour maps.
- Traffic sign database - 48 images (360x270, PNG format).
- ICR test database (incomplete contour images).
- Supplementary illustrations for the paper
G. Papari, P. Campisi, N. Petkov and A. Neri:
A biologically motivated multiresolution approach to contour detection,
EURASIP Journal on Advances in Signal Processing, Vol. 2007, Article ID 71828,
28 pages, 2007.
[pdf 13 MB
© 2007 G. Papari, P. Campisi, N. Petkov and A. Neri; DOI 10.1155/2007/71828]
- Ground truth data of vascular bifurcations in retinal fundus images of the DRIVE database - 40 images (565x584 pixels) with marked ground truth in PNG format and 40 ascii files that include the locations (row,col) of vessel bifurcations.
- Dermatology database used in MED-NODE - 170 images of melanoma (70) en nevocellular nevi (100) cases (hair removal already applied).
Last changed: 2011-10-13.