Quality Metrics and Analytics
The object-oriented paradigm is a dominant way in developing software systems. A basic argument of developers in favor of object-orientation is that it is closer to the way that human brains think, i.e. in terms of objects and actions. However, in order for object-oriented software development to preserve its main advantage, the developed software should stay modular and understandable. The group's focus in terms of object-oriented design is on methods and techniques that guarantee the internal and external product quality. Our work until now has been focused on GoF design patterns, code refactoring, and quality assessment. We have applied our research on some emerging application domains like game development. As future development, we aim at investigating approaches on artifact traceability, the validation of existing metrics, the introduction of new metrics and metric suites, and continue the work of the group on patterns, refactorings, component extraction and OO game development.
- PROMES (Processes Models for Engineering of Embedded Systems)
Tools and Demos
For tools and demos regarding this research area, please visit our Resources page.
(For more publications go to the publications page for Quality Metrics and Analytics.)
- Paris Avgeriou, Davide Taibi, Apostolos Ampatzoglou, Francesca Arcelli Fontana, Terese Besker, Alexander Chatzigeorgiou, Valentina Lenarduzzi, Antonio Martini, Athanasia Moschou, Ilaria Pigazzini, Nyyti Saarimaki, Darius Sas, Saulo S. de Toledo and Angeliki-Agathi Tsintzira (2021) An Overview and Comparison of Technical Debt Measurement Tools. In IEEE Software, pages 38(3):61-71. IEEE. (URL) (BibTeX)
- Georgios Digkas, Apostolos Ampatzoglou, Alexander Chatzigeorgiou, Paris Avgeriou, Oliviu Matei and Robert Heb (2021) The Risk of Generating Technical Debt Interest: A Case Study. In SN Computer Science, 2(1):12. Springer. (URL) (BibTeX)
- Sofia Charalampidou, Apostolos Ampatzoglou, Evangelos Karountzos and Paris Avgeriou (2021) Empirical Studies on Software Traceability: A Mapping Study. In Journal of Software: Evolution and Process, 33(2):e2294. Wiley. (URL) (BibTeX)
- Areti Ampatzoglou, Elvira-Maria Arvanitou, Apostolos Ampatzoglou, Paris Avgeriou, Angeliki-Agathi Tsintzira and Alexander Chatzigeorgiou (2021) Architectural Decision-Making as a Financial Investment: An Industrial Case Study. In Information and Software Technology, 129:106412. Elsevier. (URL) (BibTeX)
- Daniel Feitosa, Apostolos Ampatzoglou, Antonios Gkortzis, Stamatia Bibi and Alexander Chatzigeorgiou (2020) CODE reuse in practice: Benefiting or harming technical debt. In Journal of Systems and Software, 167:110618.. (URL) (BibTeX)