I am Full Professor (chair of Software Engineering) and Head of the SEARCH (Software Engineering and Architecture) Group of the Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science at the University of Groningen (RuG).
Joining the group
- We are hiring a Tenure-Track Assistant Professor! Feel free to contact me for more information or apply here.
- Are you interested in spending time in my group as part of your PhD or postdoc? Please check out these opportunities for funding.
- Co-editor of a Special Issue of the Journal of Systems and Software on Technical Debt in Software Systems, 2015.
- Program Committee of the 21st European Pattern Languages of Programming (EuroPLoP 2016), Irsee Monastery, Bavaria, Germany, 6-10 July 2016.
- Program Committee of the 28th International Conference on Advanced Information Systems Engineering (CAiSE’16), Ljubljana, Slovenia, June 13-17, 2016.
- Program Committee of the 15th International Conference on Software Reuse (ICSR 2016), June 5-7 2016, Limassol, Cyprus.
- Program Committee of the 20th International Conference on Evaluation and Assessment in Software Engineering (EASE), 1-3- June 2016, Limerick, Ireland.
- Program Committee of the Software Engineering Education Track at the International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2016), May 14-22 2016, Austin, Texas.
- Co-chair: F. Oquendo, P. Avgeriou, C. Cuesta, K. Drira, E. Nakagawa, J. Maldonado, A. Zisman, Fourth International Workshop on Software Engineering for Systems-of-Systems (SESoS 2016), in conjunction with 38th International Conference on Software Engineering (ICSE 2016), Austin, Texas, May 2016.
- Co-organizer: P. Avgeriou, P. Kruchten, I. Ozkaya, C. Seaman, Dagstuhl Seminar 16162 on Managing Technical Debt in Software Engineering, Dagstuhl, Germany, April 17 – 22 , 2016.
- Program Committee of the joint WICSA/CompArch: 13th Working IEEE/IFIP Conference on Software Architecture (WICSA), the 19th International ACM SIGSOFT Symposium on Component-Based Software Engineering (CBSE), and the 12th International ACM Sigsoft Conference on the Quality of Software Architectures (QoSA), 5–8 April 2016, Venice, Italy
- Program Committee of the SIKS Track, ICT.OPEN, March 22-23, 2016, Amersfoort, the Netherlands..
For an archive of old news, please check the activities page.
Prof.dr.ir. Paris Avgeriou
Johann Bernoulli Institute for Mathematics and Computer Science, University of Groningen
Visit: Nijenborgh 9, 9747 AG Groningen, The Netherlands – room 574 Bernoulliborg
Post: PO Box 407, 9700 AK Groningen, The Netherlands
Phone: +31 50 3637057, Fax: +31 50 3633800