- Domain-independent planning for services in uncertain and dynamic environments ( ), Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, 2013.
- Design and implementation of middleware platform for a smart home ( ), Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, 2013.
- Foreword ( ), Chapter in , IGI Global, 2013.
- Generating personalized advice for schizophrenia patients ( ), In Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, volume 58, 2013.
- Coordinating the Web of Services for a Smart Home ( ), In ACM Transactions on the Web, volume 7, 2013.
- An Interplatform Service-Oriented Middleware for the Smart Home ( ), In International Journal of Smart Home, volume 7, 2013.
- The Management of Elearning at University of KKU, ABHA ( ), In International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, volume 8, 2013.
- The Power Grid as a Complex Network: a Survey ( ), In Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, volume 392, 2013.
- E-health self-management in psychotic disorders: state of the art and future perspectives ( ), In Psychiatric Services, volume 65, 2013.
- Aware homes ( ), In Awareness Magazine: Self-awareness in autonomic systems, 2013.
- Energy Intelligent Buildings based on User Activity: A Survey ( ), In Energy and Buildings, volume 56, 2013.
- Ontology-based Office Activity Recognition with Applications for Energy Savings ( ), In Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 2013.
- Architecture pattern for context-aware smart environments ( ), Chapter in Creating Personal, Social and Urban Awareness through Pervasive Computing (D. Riboni, B. Guo, P. Hu, eds.), IGI Global, 2013.
- A survey of formal business process verification: From soundness to variability ( ), In Proceedings of International Symposium on Business Modeling and Software Design, SciTePress, 2013.
Formal verification of business process models is of interest to a number of application areas, including checking for basic process correctness, business compliance, and process variability. A large amount of work on these topics exist, while a comprehensive overview of the field and its directions is lacking. We provide an overview and critical reflections on existing approaches.
Keywords: Business Process Management, Veriﬁcation, Model Checking, Survey
- An Evolutionary Framework for Routing Protocol Analysis in Wireless Sensor Networks ( ), In European Conference on the Applications of Evolutionary and bio-inspired Computation, volume 7835, 2013.
- Wireless sensor network based monitoring system for photovoltaic panels in extreme GCC climate conditions: A literature review of current approaches ( ), In , 2013.
Photovoltaic system performance highly depends on environmental conditions. Hence system requirements to optimize energy yield are unique, and in most cases no relevant data are available to make implementation decisions. This is why monitoring of such systems is very essential for initial system evaluation, and continuous output optimization. This paper is the result of a thorough literature survey about existing performance monitoring system for photovoltaic panels, aiming to propose a system tailored for photovoltaic panels under the very particular environmental conditions experienced in the GCC region, as these countries are in an area with tremendous potential for development of solar energy projects. A wireless sensor network based monitoring system is proposed, that measures data relevant for desert climate like dust, temperature and humidity. A small-scale prototype is described, along with initial experimental results. © 2013 IEEE.
Keywords: PV panels, Renewable energy, monitoring system, wireless sensor network
- A Machine Learning Approach for Vehicle Classification using Passive Infrared and Ultrasonic Sensors ( ), In ACM/IEEE Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, 2013.
- Testing of Distributed Service-Oriented Systems ( ), In ICSOC, volume 8377, 2013.
- Modeling the Last Mile of the Smart Grid ( ), In PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference, 2013.
- Cost and Benefits of Denser Topologies for the Smart Grid ( ), In Computer and Information Sciences III from the 27th International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences (ISCIS'12), 2013.
- Planning for Coordination of Devices in Energy-Smart Envronments ( ), In Doctoral Consortium of the 23rd International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling, 2013.
- Combining Activity Recognition and AI Planning for Energy-Saving Offices ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing, 2013.
- Continuous Correctness of Business Processes against Process Interference ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing and Applications, 2013.
- Capacity Analysis of Combined IPTV and VoIP over IEEE 802.11n ( ), In 38th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, 2013.
Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) and Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) have gained unprecedented growth rates in the past few years. Data rate and high coverage area of IEEE 802.11n motivate the concept of combined IPTV and VoIP over IEEE 802.11n. Transmission of combined IPTV and VoIP over a wireless network is a challenging task. In this paper, we deal with the capacity evaluation of combined IPTV and VoIP over IEEE 802.11n. We evaluate the use of Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) at transport layer of IPTV and VoIP. Our study shows that DCCP can enhance capacity of IPTV by 25%. Our study confirms that performance of DCCP deteriorates severely in presence of any other UDP flow because of congestion-less mechanism of UDP. Our fairness analysis with TCP traffic shows that IPTV and VoIP using DCCP provides fair share in bandwidth to TCP with 19% increase in combined capacity. We study the effect of IEEE 802.11n parameters and obtain optimal values. We show the optimal values and trends of Access Point (AP) parameters including Queue size, Transmission Opportunity, Aggregation and Block ACK etc. Our study shows that nearly 9 more VoIP users are supported with a queue size of 70 packets and transmission opportunity of 9. Our study concludes that selection of DCCP and optimized parameters over IEEE 802.11n can enhance the capacity of IPTV and VoIP by atleast 25% and 19% respectively as compared to the use of UDP.
- IPTV Capacity Analysis using DCCP over IEEE 802.11n ( ), In 78th Vehicular Technology Conference, 2013.
Internet Protocol Television (IPTV) has gained an enormous growth rate by revolutionizing personal entertainment. High data rates with increased coverage radius of IEEE 802.11n Wireless Local Area Networks (WLANs) motivate the concept of wireless IPTV. Streaming of Television contents over highly pervasive wireless environment with satisfactory Quality of Service (QoS) is a challenging task. Focusing on wireless IPTV, our work deals with the capacity evaluation of IPTV users over IEEE 802.11n. We first present an upper capacity limit for supporting maximum number of users over IEEE 802.11n. We then propose that 4-times packet size is the optimal frame aggregation size for IPTV which maximizes users capacity and QoS. Finally, we suggest the use of Datagram Congestion Control Protocol (DCCP) at transport layer for IPTV. We show that DCCP capacity for IPTV increases upto 35% by reducing packet losses at Access Point (AP), compared to User Datagram Protocol (UDP). We further evaluate fairness of IPTV traffic in the presence of Transmission Control Protocol (TCP) traffic in the network. Our study concludes that IPTV using DCCP over IEEE 802.11n not only provides increased user's capacity but also co-exists fairly with TCP traffic.
- Applying Time Series Analysis and Neighbourhood Voting in a Decentralised Approach for Fault Detection and Classification in WSNs ( ), In International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology, 2013.
- A Decentralized Scheme for Fault Detection and Classification in WSNs ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, Networks, and Applications (CPSNA 2013, Work in Progress session), 2013.
- Towards Context Consistency in a Rule-Based Activity Recognition Architecture ( ), In International Symposium on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Autonomic Systems, 2013.
- Dynamic Constraint Reasoning in Smart Environments ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, 2013.
- Service-Oriented Architecture for Smart Environments ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing and Applications, 2013.
- An Automated Analysis Of Process Interference Verified With LTL Checking ( ), Technical report 2013-08-07, University of Groningen, 2013.