- Domain-independent planning for services in uncertain and dynamic environments ( ), Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, 2013.
- Design and implementation of middleware platform for a smart home ( ), Rijksuniversiteit Groningen, 2013.
- Foreword ( ), Chapter in , IGI Global, 2013.
- Generating personalized advice for schizophrenia patients ( ), In Artificial Intelligence in Medicine, volume 58, 2013.
- Coordinating the Web of Services for a Smart Home ( ), In ACM Transactions on the Web, volume 7, 2013.
- An Interplatform Service-Oriented Middleware for the Smart Home ( ), In International Journal of Smart Home, volume 7, 2013.
- The Management of Elearning at University of KKU, ABHA ( ), In International Journal of Emerging Technologies in Learning, volume 8, 2013.
- The Power Grid as a Complex Network: a Survey ( ), In Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, volume 392, 2013.
- E-health self-management in psychotic disorders: state of the art and future perspectives ( ), In Psychiatric Services, volume 65, 2013.
- Aware homes ( ), In Awareness Magazine: Self-awareness in autonomic systems, 2013.
- Energy Intelligent Buildings based on User Activity: A Survey ( ), In Energy and Buildings, volume 56, 2013.
- Ontology-based Office Activity Recognition with Applications for Energy Savings ( ), In Journal of Ambient Intelligence and Humanized Computing, 2013.
- Architecture pattern for context-aware smart environments ( ), Chapter in Creating Personal, Social and Urban Awareness through Pervasive Computing (D. Riboni, B. Guo, P. Hu, ed.), IGI Global, 2013.
- An Evolutionary Framework for Routing Protocol Analysis in Wireless Sensor Networks ( ), In European Conference on the Applications of Evolutionary and bio-inspired Computation, volume 7835, 2013.
- Wireless sensor network based monitoring system for photovoltaic panels in extreme GCC climate conditions: A literature review of current approaches ( ), In , 2013.
Photovoltaic system performance highly depends on environmental conditions. Hence system requirements to optimize energy yield are unique, and in most cases no relevant data are available to make implementation decisions. This is why monitoring of such systems is very essential for initial system evaluation, and continuous output optimization. This paper is the result of a thorough literature survey about existing performance monitoring system for photovoltaic panels, aiming to propose a system tailored for photovoltaic panels under the very particular environmental conditions experienced in the GCC region, as these countries are in an area with tremendous potential for development of solar energy projects. A wireless sensor network based monitoring system is proposed, that measures data relevant for desert climate like dust, temperature and humidity. A small-scale prototype is described, along with initial experimental results. © 2013 IEEE.
Keywords: PV panels, Renewable energy, monitoring system, wireless sensor network
- A Machine Learning Approach for Vehicle Classification using Passive Infrared and Ultrasonic Sensors ( ), In ACM/IEEE Conference on Information Processing in Sensor Networks, 2013.
- Testing of Distributed Service-Oriented Systems ( ), In ICSOC, volume 8377, 2013.
- Modeling the Last Mile of the Smart Grid ( ), In PES Innovative Smart Grid Technologies Conference, 2013.
- Cost and Benefits of Denser Topologies for the Smart Grid ( ), In Computer and Information Sciences III from the 27th International Symposium on Computer and Information Sciences (ISCIS'12), 2013.
- A Survey of Formal Business Process Verification: From Soundness to Variability ( ), In International Symposium on Business Modeling and Software Design, 2013.
- Planning for Coordination of Devices in Energy-Smart Envronments ( ), In Doctoral Consortium of the 23rd International Conference on Automated Planning and Scheduling, 2013.
- Combining Activity Recognition and AI Planning for Energy-Saving Offices ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Computing, 2013.
- Continuous Correctness of Business Processes against Process Interference ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing and Applications, 2013.
- Capacity Analysis of Combined IPTV and VoIP over IEEE 802.11n ( ), In 38th Annual IEEE Conference on Local Computer Networks, 2013.
- IPTV Capacity Analysis using DCCP over IEEE 802.11n ( ), In 78th Vehicular Technology Conference, 2013.
- Applying Time Series Analysis and Neighbourhood Voting in a Decentralised Approach for Fault Detection and Classification in WSNs ( ), In International Symposium on Information and Communication Technology, 2013.
- A Decentralized Scheme for Fault Detection and Classification in WSNs ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Cyber-Physical Systems, Networks, and Applications (CPSNA 2013, Work in Progress session), 2013.
- Towards Context Consistency in a Rule-Based Activity Recognition Architecture ( ), In International Symposium on Ubiquitous Intelligence and Autonomic Systems, 2013.
- Dynamic Constraint Reasoning in Smart Environments ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Tools with Artificial Intelligence, 2013.
- Service-Oriented Architecture for Smart Environments ( ), In IEEE International Conference on Service Oriented Computing and Applications, 2013.
- An Automated Analysis Of Process Interference Verified With LTL Checking ( ), Technical report 2013-08-07, University of Groningen, 2013.